Pages

Friday, 28 July 2017

Love Cats To The Moon And Back Card

A quickie card made last night inbetween making Christmas cards, 2 of the 3 dies used for this card are 'China' dies the cross stitched circle I used to cut the moon is the medium sized die from a clone Lawn Fawn Small Cross-Stitched Circle Stackables set. There is no stamping on the moon, its another piece of the Faux Mother of Pearl card that I made and posted about earlier in July. The technique is fabulous for die cutting pieces to use as embellishments as well as for making backgrounds.

One point to note though is where the acrylic paint is, its a little hard to stamp on to the image as the acrylic acts as a resist. I stamped several times in black hybrid ink, then added Versamark and clear embossing powder and heat embossed it and finally stamped over the embossed letters with more black ink. Looks lots better but sadly the photo got shine on the glossy lettering.

The 'Love Cats' die is adorable and will be getting lots of use over the next few months, my head is holding a ton of ideas for making a selection of cards with these dies and a couple of other cats dies picked up off Ebay for my local Cats Protection. I have no idea who the actual manufacturer of the original of this die is, it does have a look of Marianne Designs, but its not a die I've seen before to be able to identify it sadly, if you know then please leave me a comment. I simply die cut this out of some black cardstock and added it to the front of the card with foam pads and then used some black shimmer pen to add some sparkle. The black frame is from my Avery Elle die set called 'Scalloped Pierced Rectangles'.

Whilst I'd love to be able to say that I made the galaxy background with inks, paints and sparkles, I didn't, I haven't perfected the art of balance when attempting to make a starry galaxy background yet. So I used a printable paper from a digital collection simply called 'Galaxy' that I found on Etsy by Lunabludesign. I've purchased a few digital background papers from Ana over the past couple of years and love her designs. That's a wrap for me for today, I'm away to do some domestic goddess style stuff, then back to my craft desk to work on some more Chrimbo cards. Take card everyone and I'll 'see' you soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debs this is a gorgeous card I love the background you have created and that is an amazing die. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab background, lovely cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Debs - it all goes together perfectly. Look forward to seeing your other creations using the cats. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, just love the background, like a nebula. Emmax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments on my cards and posts, they are very much appreciated, I'll get back to you as soon as I can if a reply is required. Hugs - Debs x